Top 10 activities with kids
If you're planning a family holiday to Hervey Bay, there are plenty of activities to keep you and your kids entertained.
Here are some suggestions for fun things to do for the whole family:
1) Spend the day at the beach - Hervey Bay has some of the most beautiful beaches in Queensland. Your kids will love building sandcastles, swimming in the crystal-clear waters, and playing beach games. We are located right across the road from the family-friendly Scarness Beach. Learn about our Beach Package Hire here.
2) Go whale watching - Hervey Bay is known as the 'whale watching capital of the world'! Take your kids on a whale watching tour and watch humpback whales breach and play in the bay from July to October. Find out more about Whale Watching here.
3) Take a trip to K'gari (Fraser Island) - K'gari (Fraser Island) is the world's largest sand island and is a must-visit destination for families. Your kids will love exploring the island's natural beauty. There are plenty of options to visit, from day trips in your own 4WD, to guided bus tours and extended stays. See all the options here.
4) Visit Reefworld Aquarium - The aquarium is home to a wide variety of marine life, and your kids will love seeing the colourful fish and learning about the Great Barrier Reef. Located at Urangan, Reefworld Aquarium is an all-natural aquarium, using only sand filtered sea water and natural sunlight. Adults and children of all ages can participate in feeding the marine life and even swim with turtles! Take a look at the Reefworld website here.
5) Have fun at WetSide Water Park - This water park is perfect for kids of all ages. Your kids will love the splash zones, water slides, and a giant tipping bucket! There's also a café on site for snacks and refreshments. Entry into WetSide is free however there is a cost for the Waterslides and Aqua Ninja. Find out more information about Wetside Water Park here.
6) Visit the Hervey Bay Historical Village and Museum - This museum showcases the history of Hervey Bay and is a great educational experience for kids. It features over 12 acres of historical buildings and exhibits, including an old schoolhouse, blacksmith shop, general store, and even a fully-furnished hospital ward from the 1930s. Learn more about the Hervey Bay Historical Village and Museum here.
7) Visit the Hervey Bay Botanic Gardens - The gardens are home to a wide variety of plants, including an Orchid House. Take a picnic lunch and take your kids around the gardens to explore – they might even spot a turtle or two in the pond! Learn more about the Botanic Gardens here.
8) Go for a bike ride - Hervey Bay has many beautiful bike trails that are perfect for families. Bring your bikes, or hire them and explore the coastal pathways on two wheels. Why not hire a fun surrey bike from Aquavue?
9) Take a fishing trip - Hervey Bay is a great place to go fishing with your kids. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced angler, you can try your hand at fishing off the beach or one of the many piers. Or if you want to get out on the water, there are plenty of fishing charters available, or you can also hire a boat if you are happy to be your own skipper.
10) Try out the newest attraction - Mini Golf Hervey Bay - This impressive 18-hole course spans 3300sqm, offering endless fun for families. Whether you prefer playing under the night lights or enjoying the shaded course during the day, you'll find a picturesque landscape with a tranquil lake, beautifully landscaped terrain, water features, and sand traps, making it the perfect place for an enjoyable day out. Visit their website here.