terms & conditions
The Bay Apartments is not a suitable complex for ‘schoolies’ or general parties and unruly behaviour will be dealt with by management by eviction or non entry.
Late Departures past 10am will incur a fee based on the time of exit. Loss of Security Card & Keys will incur a $100.00 charge.
Upon arrival guests are required to agree to the following terms and conditions:
Guests are reminded of the Provisions and limitations of the Traveller Accommodation providers (Liability) Act 2001 in relation to loss of guests’ property. A notice in relation to this act is displayed in reception area. May we draw your attention to the extract from the Innkeepers Liability Act;
I acknowledge responsibility for all charges posted to my account. Guests and invitees are expected to behave in a manner which is conductive to the safety, comfort and convenience of other guests within the property. A breach of any house rules may result in the eviction of the offender at the discretion of management. Care should be taken of all valuables on property. This establishment shall not be liable to any guest or invitee for any loss, damage or destruction to any personal property brought upon these premises by the said guests or invitees. When a guest registers at reception, or an invitee or a guest proceeds beyond that point, they shall be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these conditions.
SMOKING is not permitted within apartments or foyer areas of The Bay Apartments. Smoking is permitted on the balcony only and ashtrays are provided.If it is found that a smoke smell prevents us from re-letting the apartment, additional night room charges will be placed on your credit card. If necessary, costs may also include the cleaning of carpets/couches and laundering of curtains/bedspreads. If it is found the apartment or its fittings and fixtures have been damaged due to misconduct or the apartment has been left in an unreasonable condition, costs for additional cleaning and replacement or repair will be placed on your credit card.
WiFi terms and conditions
The Bay Apartments offers free WiFi Internet services to in-house guests of the resort.
PLEASE DO NOT UNPLUG OR MOVE ANY MODEM found in your apartment as reconfiguration and technical support charges will be borne by you the guest.
terms of service apply:
Welcome to free WiFi Hotspot. WiFi access is available in all apartments. It is available FREE of charge to all our customers and in-house guests only. Capped limits apply.
Access is subject to the following terms and conditions. These terms and conditions may be revised at any time.
If you do not agree to comply with the terms and conditions, you must not access of use the Hotspot.
logging in and out of the hotspot
You must obtain the “password” for the day with reception. The staff will also issue you with your own personal log in details.
You will be automatically logged out of the Hotspot if:
- Your access is terminated by reason of a breach of these terms and conditions.
- The wireless connection of the Hotspot you are accessing is lost, disconnected or becomes out of range.
- No activity is detected from you wireless enabled device for a continual period of 10 minutes while logged on to the Hotspot.
- More than 500 meg download limit is reached within a 24 hour period.
- Speed and reliability of the Hotspot.
The Bay Apartments provides free broadband access at a maximum download limit of 500 meg per 24 hour period. The speed may be higher or lesser and will vary depending on many factors including, the capabilities of your wireless device, the amount of traffic and general congestion of the internet, the location of your wireless device and other variables.
The Bay Apartments does not guarantee a continuous, stable, fault free or secure access.
The resort will endeavour to rectify any malfunctions, faults or problems with our Hotspot but is not obliged to do so in any specified time frame.
Your access and use of the Hotspot is at your own risk. You are solely responsible for protecting your usernames, passwords and security based information. The onus is on you to ensure firewalls and virus protection is in place on your wireless device. The Bay Apartments is not liable for any loss or damage you may sustain as a result of using the Hotspot.
user standards and obligations
The Hotspot is intended to be used in a manner that is not offensive in any way to the community at large. The Bay Apartments has absolute and sole discretion to limit or block access to unacceptable websites. This includes but is not limited to websites and or content that:
- Could cause The Bay Apartments to breach any law governing its conduct or to incur a liability to any third party.
- Could interfere with the integrity and/or performance of the Hotspot, resorts network or equipment.
- Depicts, alludes to, or promotes offensive or illegal behaviour.
- Promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm to any group or individual.
- Harasses or promotes harassment of another person.
- Exploits people in a sexual or violent manner.
- Contains nudity, violence or offensive subject matter or which may connect to adult websites.
- Promotes conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene or defamatory.
- Intentionally infringes copyright.
- Involves the transmission of junk mail, chain letters or unsolicited mailing, instant messaging or spamming.
- Promotes criminal activity.
- Contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel-bots, or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere or intercept access.
- The Bay Apartments becomes aware that websites are accessed in contravention of these terms and conditions, it reserves the right to immediately terminate and block the access without prior notice.
- Users should be aware that the browsing or downloading of illegal information from the internet could lead to prosecution.
The Bay Apartments respects your right to privacy and will not capture any personal information while accessing the Hotspot unless your consent is granted.
However, once you access the Hotspot and open the internet browser application to the website, The Bay Apartments will capture and process information about the web browser type and/or operation system information used by the enabled device in order to determine that most effective and/or customised means of displaying the requested website on your device.
The Bay Apartments will collect and store the IP and MAC address of the enabled device that has accessed the Hotspot, once the terms and conditions have been agreed to.
release and indemnity
Your release and discharge The Bay Apartments from any liability which might arise from your use of The Bay Apartments WiFi Hotspot service including liability in relation to defamatory or offensive material or any breach of the copyright which may occur as a result of your use.
You agree to indemnify and must defend and hold harmless The Bay Apartments, its employees and agents, from and against all loss, damage, liability, charge, expense (including all reasonable legal and other professional costs on a full indemnity basis) of any nature or kind arising from your breach of these terms and conditions.